I was so fortunate to receive my 5th and favorite VoxBox in December, and now that I’ve had enough time to test out most of the products, I figured it was time to share my thoughts! This Vox was actually a surprise to me because I received it before I got the confirmation email from Influenster that I was chosen and that my box had shipped – I may or may not have squealed with happiness when I saw it on my door step! And then I stepped in dog poop. #blessed
I have to say, I thought the assortment of things in this VoxBox were a little random. Not at all in a bad way, just not what I anticipated from a “Frosty” Vox! The contents included:
- Rimmel Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (wow, that is a mouthful)
- I was genuinely impressed with this product. I got it in my eyes…and nothing! No horrible stinging sensation, no swearing with words that would bring my mother to tears, no redness. It is SO gentle, and it (mostly) removed the eyeliner below with ease. I don’t usually use eye makeup remover, I’m one of those lazy people who uses regular soap or cleanser, but I will probably continue to use this. The bottle is HUGE, and at over 4oz of remover, I will probably be set for the rest of my life. Or maybe the next couple of years. Hopefully my life is longer than that. Now I’m getting superstitious.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (their product development team might want to tone down the names on these products in the future 😁)
- This is a product that I did not anticipate liking. I haven’t had good experiences with Rimmel eyeliners in the past, and I usually stray from any eye products that have waterproof in the name. I have to say, this eyeliner glides on SO easily. It doesn’t tug on my skin and I don’t have to pull my eyelid to apply it. (Hooray for not having old lady eyes at 25!) For me, the waterproof-ness is actually a downfall because I find that even after using makeup remover and sometimes even following up with my cleanser, there’s still black residue around my eyes. To be fair, though, the eyeliner does not smear at all, especially on the lower lashline, and as previously stated, I like most eyeliners that steer clear of the middle school scene kid look. I will repurchase this!
- NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum
- I will not lie to you. I thought this color was hideous when I first looked at it. I almost considered regifting it as a stocking stuffer because holy wow did I think this shiz was not for me. I was pleasantly proved wrong, because what I thought was going to be frosty and dated, turned out to actually be a very pretty soft plum color. The frost comes off as more of a sheen, so no “do-I-look-like-a-hooker” worries here. I HATE the packaging. It is cheap, and it looks cheap. The lipstick is creamy and smooth, non-drying, and not the most long lasting. I believe these are $2, so I would definitely consider looking at more shades and trying them out!
- Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea
- If you know me, you know that I drink anywhere from 3-5 cups of tea a day. (Mostly because I hate the taste of water 😣) I hate, and I mean despise with every tea-loving fiber in my body, mint teas. So when I saw Celestial Seasonings, I was at first like, “OMG SHUT UP YAY TEA THIS IS THE GREATEST” and then I read the flavor and I was like, “This is probably what it feels like to be disappointed in your child.” There are two tea bags in the sample, and I steeped and drank one mug (using 1 sachet). It is definitely candy cane inspired, but also way more pleasant than I was expecting. I still hate mint tea, so I gave the other sachet to my roommate, but I would imagine if you are a fan of mint teas that you would like this. Shout out to Celestial Seasonings, though, because I love their tea!
- Protect & Perfect serum samples from Boots No. 7
- Real talk, I have not tried these yet.
- Strawberry Fruit Vines Bites (literally ate the whole package the day I received the box)
- I honestly don’t think that I need to explain this one, but…..it’s strawberry flavored licorice bites. They are delicious. You will like them. Probably go buy some. And then feel guilty about eating the whole package. No, I am not speaking from experience. Yes, that last sentence was a lie.
- EcoTools Styler + Smoother hair brush
- I really wanted to love this brush with my heart. I have several EcoTools makeup brushes and have always been satisfied with the quality of their products. This brush just didn’t do it for me! The best way I can describe this brush is as a round brush cut in half lengthwise. I typically use a paddle brush for my hair, and I found that this one was not nearly as gentle on my scalp as I’m used to. When I attempted to use it while blow-drying my hair, it got stuck. Seriously, every single time. I’m pretty clumsy when it comes to hair so I had my mom try it and she experienced the same thing. I don’t know if it’s the bristles or the backing (which is open with vents in order to make blow-drying faster), but it was not fun times to use this brush on wet/damp hair. It just seems to catch on damp hair and not pull out any tangles. On dry hair, it is just your average brush. The curved backing made this brush look super cool and I had high hopes for being able to style my hair easily, but it just didn’t do it for me. I was pretty disappointed to see that other Influensters received the Sleek + Shine hair brush, which seems suited more for someone like me with a gentle scalp and fine hair.
- McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme
- I haven’t had the time to test out the thyme. See what I did there? I love to cook, but I don’t regularly come across thyme in my recipes! If you have any recipes with thyme in them, please share below and I would love to try them out!
My overall thoughts on this Vox were that I loved trying out (most) of the products, and am so thankful for yet another opportunity to try out some new things! If you are interested in joining and/or learning more about Influenster, feel free to join through my referral link (http://www.influenster.com/r/594505). I would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Disclaimer: I received all of these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.