So, it’s almost halfway through March…but we’ll pretend for a moment that I didn’t totally forget about this blog post and talk about some of my favorite beauty picks from February! Almost all of these products are from the drugstore, and it’s pretty Nyx-heavy (Thanks to Ulta BOGO 50% off). Most of these products I’m still using every day, so you might see them again in my March faves, too 😊
1. Nyx HD Photo Concealer in Porcelain – ($5 at Ulta) – I’ve raved about the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer before, but this concealer from Nyx actually tops that! This is full coverage, creamy with an almost whipped texture, and gives the most flawless finish! Since I have it in the lightest shade, I primarily use this as an undereye concealer, but I plan on purchasing a shade that I can use for face concealing as well. The packaging is cute and it has a convenient doe-foot applicator that fits nicely in the undereye area.
2. Nyx Wonder Pencil in Light – ($4.50 at Ulta) – I’ve never been a fan of white liner on the waterline because I think it looks unnatural and honestly kind of tacky. This is a great flesh-toned pencil that is extremely versatile. I frequently use it to line my waterline for a wide-eye look, but I also use it to highlight under my brows, clean up lipstick around my lips, and spot conceal blemishes. I eyed this pencil for a while before buying it, and some of the reviews on Ulta made me skeptical, but I use this pencil every day and will definitely repurchase it when I run out! One recommendation I would make is to buy separate pencils for your eyes and face, just to prevent potential bacteria issues.
3. Wet N Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink – ($4.60 on Amazon, purchased for under $3 at Walgreens) – This same blush in the shade Heather Silk has gained a lot of attention from beauty gurus on YouTube and blogs, and when I saw one of my favorite YouTube gurus, ThaTaylaa, talk about this blush in one of her videos, I had to buy it! I scoped it out at Walgreens and got it for under $3 – I want to say $2.49 because there was a special on Wet N Wild products. It is SO pigmented…like, I barely dab my brush into the product and have to use a light hand. It’s a gorgeous pink, almost coral, and lasts all day. It looks great with my complexion when it’s fair as well as when I’m self tanning. I think this is a universally flattering shade, and can’t be beat at the price!
4. Benefit Porefessional Primer – ($31 at Ulta) For the last couple years, I have heard a nonstop flood of recommendations and raves about this product! I love high-end beauty products, but it seemed a little ridiculous to spend $31 on primer. I finally committed to it in late January when I got it in a value set from Ulta for $32 with a deluxe sample of the It’s Potent eye cream. I also got a free gift with a $30 Benefit purchase, which was a sample size of Porefessional. A tiny dab covers my whole face, makes it soft and smooth without feeling like I’ve got gobs of product on my face, and keeps me mostly matte all day. I do find it slightly drying on my combo skin, but the benefits outweigh the slight dryness. This product definitely lives up to the hype! Depending on how long this lasts me, I will probably repurchase it. If it doesn’t last me very long, however, I will probably continue to use the Elf Studio Poreless Primer, which gives me similar results for a 5th of the cost.
5. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation – ($10 at Walmart) – I have repurchased this foundation probably 4 or 5 times in the last two years. I have generally positive feelings about it, and have been loving it lately! It gives the exact amount of coverage I’m looking for (medium-full) in one layer, and it’s super easy to blend with my Sigma F80. I’ve been using it almost every day! I definitely recommend this for people with oily skin, although I will say that finding a shade is definitely difficult in the store. Most of the shades have pink undertones, and some oxidize as well. It has a pump!!!!! So there’s that. Overall, I think it’s a great drugstore foundation, is matte, and doesn’t break out my sensitive skin.
6. Nyx Butter Gloss in Meringue – ($5 at Ulta) – I actually purchased this over the summer, wore it once, and my mom told me I looked ridiculous. So, it sat in my lippie collection until a couple weeks ago, when I spontaneously put it on! It’s SUPER creamy, smells like sweet vanilla, and I’ve actually grown to love the color. It’s barbie pink and about 75% opaque, but you can sheer it out by using a little dab. I will say that it’s a little sticky, and not very longwearing, however it doesn’t dry out my lips at all and I love that it’s not overly glossy. I definitely plan on repurchasing this in other shades!
7. Jordana Cat Eye liquid liner in Black Leather – ($3 at Jordana) – I actually purchased this from Walgreens for the same price, but if you shop online, you can purchase it directly from Jordana’s website. The handle on the applicator is super long on this, so I think it fits really comfortably in your hand. The liner itself is super precise and very black. It dries semi-matte and doesn’t smudge, smear, or flake off. I love it! I will definitely be repurchasing this. I’ve been wearing it almost every day, and I love how easy it is to create a wing with the precise brush applicator.
8. Vaseline Lip Therapy, Cocoa Butter – ($1.87 at Target) – I LUVVVVV THIS STUFF. I have severely dry lips. I’m talking bleeding, peeling, flaking, new layer of skin every day type of dry. The only thing I’ve been able to use in the past with success is Bag Balm, which, if you’ve ever used before, pretty much smells like horse butt and is super duper expensive. So, I recently bought a new bottle of lotion (Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion) and got this as a freebie with it. I already own the Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy, which has a subtle pink tint to it, but never found it super moisturizing. This stuff melts onto my lips and keeps them hydrated for hours. I apply once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once before bed and I’m covered all day! It has made a drastic improvement in the condition of my lips and I will for sure be buying more of these.
9. L’Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara – ($10 at Ulta, cheaper elsewhere) – I don’t know what it is about February that makes me want to be all romantic and girly, but for some reason I was really feeling long, fluttery lashes last month! I’m usually the kind of person who looks for a volumizing mascara, and I’ve been using my staples of Urban Decay Big Fatty and Bare Minerals Lash Domination for MONTHS now without changing up my routine. But for whatever reason, I picked this up at Walgreens and have been using it every day since. I have purchased this mascara once before in the past and found it to be very dry and not volumizing enough, but I think I had a dud! Ever since I’ve been using this, I’ve had flake free, long, defined, and thick lashes. I will absolutely be repurchasing from the Telescopic line of mascaras, but I think my next purchase will be the Telescopic 2x in the black tube. I’ll update if I find it anywhere locally! PS – I recommend purchasing this at Target – Walgreens and CVS have it for between $11-13, Walmart and Ulta have it for $10, and I’ve seen it at Target for $7.
That concludes my February Faves! I hope the month of February was sweet to you and that you had a happy Valentine’s Day!