How in the world is it October already?! September is one of my favorite months. The weather starts to cool down and leaves begin to change colors…and fall comes! My favorite season of the year ♥ I may not be into PSLs, but I am into a great fall lip, and those are the forerunners of my September faves:
- MAC Rebel – $17 at MAC – This color is just downright gorgeous and deserves all the attention it gets! This is a bold, medium-plum satin finish lipstick. I do find it slightly drying, so I always try to layer some lip balm on top of it, but the staying power is great. This is my go-to fall shade.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Vintage – $18 at Amazon – I could not find this anywhere online that wasn’t sold out for you guys except for Amazon. This product is pretty difficult to use, so it’s not one that I frequently reach for. That being said, it is a beautiful brick-red + burgundy shade and extremely long-wearing. It’s pretty much impossible to apply this without a lip brush, and it does bleed, so use lipliner accordingly!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen – $6 at Ulta – This is a cult favorite for a reason. While I personally dislike the formula, Copenhagen is the most killer fall lip shade I own. I feel so powerful and cool when I wear this! My dislikes are that it’s difficult to apply and takes quite a long time to set, making it prone to bleeding and smears. I would reach for this over Rebel if it weren’t so hard to apply!
- Essie Nail Lacquer in Material Girl – $8.50 at Essie – Keeping with the theme of burgundy and red, this is a fingertip favorite of mine for fall! It’s semi-sheer for the first coat, and opaque with the second. I get compliments on this polish all the time!
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Contour Kit v2 – $34 at Sephora – I featured this in my last post about products I used for my wedding. I’ve been using the bronzer and highlight almost every day! The bronzer is pretty natural looking, although I’m still undecided on whether I prefer it to Benefit Hoola or not. The highlighter is a gorgeous, pigmented, champagne color, and the blush is a shimmery peach. I don’t think peach is particularly flattering on my skin tone, so I tend to avoid it, although I don’t think this particular blush is unflattering on me. Still, it will never compete with my beloved Benefit Dallas!
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer – $24 at IT Cosmetics – This concealer is amazing. Like, it’s actually really freaking amazing. First of all, I use it all over my face, not just under my eyes. To use this exclusively under one’s eyes would be to ignore it’s crazy camouflaging capabilities. I would say the consistency is similar to the Hard Candy Glamolauge, but less oily, less orange, and with better coverage/staying power. It’s pretty pricey, but it’ll last you probably forever, and the fact that it comes in a tube instead of a pot is great if you have acne-prone skin. I prefer to apply this with my fingers for maximum coverage, but it can also be buffed on with a buki brush!
- Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner – $22 at Sephora – High-end eyeliner is something I never thought I’d spend my money on, but I knew the drugstore stuff I was using wouldn’t hold up to the inevitable outpouring of tears on my wedding day, so I splurged! I love how precise and pigmented this liner is. It’s really easy to get a clean cat eye with, and it held up quite well to tears on my wedding day. I have naturally watery eyes, so on a daily basis, this is awesome. No more smeary eyeliner wings for this girl!
- LUSH Herbalism – $13.95-33.95 at Lush – I am obsessed with this cleanser. If you have oily, acne-prone skin and you haven’t found an exfoliating cleanser that doesn’t dry/irritate your skin into oblivion, you need to try this. It is messy. It smells like rice vinegar. It will also leave your skin soft, clean, and not completely stripped of natural oils. I can put up with 15 seconds of vinegar smell and the slight inconvenience of mixing it with water in my palms for the end result of beautiful skin. I got 4oz for around $15 and it’ll easily last me 6 months or longer with daily use, so in the end it isn’t that much more expensive (or more expensive at all) than the drugstore cleansers I’ve used in the past.
That’s a wrap for September faves! Any suggestions for this lovely month of October? Let me know in the comments!